Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Indecision causes 3 choices

Okay, so now you're all getting to see how ridiculously indecisive I am. There are 3 books I am (un-patiently) waiting on......

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

My choices for this week are:
 
Book: The Calling
By: Kelley Armstrong
Publication Date: April 10, 2012

Description: Maya Delaney’s paw-print birthmark is the sign of what she truly is—a skin-walker. She can run faster, climb higher, and see better than nearly anyone else. Experiencing intense connections with the animals that roam the woods outside her home, Maya knows it’s only a matter of time before she’s able to Shift and become one of them. And she believes there may be others in her small town with surprising talents.
Now, Maya and her friends have been forced to flee from their homes during a forest fire they suspect was deliberately set. Then they’re kidnapped, and after a chilling helicopter crash, they find themselves in the Vancouver Island wilderness with nothing but their extraordinary abilities to help them get back home. Plentiful action and romance in this second installment in the Darkness Rising series will keep readers enthralled to the last page.

My Thoughts: So, I havent read the first book in the trilogy, The Gathering,  and I hear you're not supposed to read the second description before you read the first book, but I dont care because I want this one too! Becides, I cant find which box I put the first book in when I had to condense my piles of books at my mom's wishes (I cant wait until I get a bookshelf or 2 or 5 next year when I move out.) What about you? I know you want it! Becides, look at that cover! The girl is gorgeous!

Book: A Temptation of Angels
By: Michelle Zink
Publication Date: March 20, 2012

Description: Even angels make mistakes in this page-turning epic romance
When her parents are murdered before her eyes, sixteen-year-old Helen Cartwright finds herself launched into an underground London where a mysterious organization called the Dictata controls the balance of good and evil. Helen learns that she is one of three remaining angelic descendants charged with protecting the world's past, present, and future. Unbeknownst to her, she has been trained her whole life to accept this responsibility. Now, as she finds herself torn between the angelic brothers protecting her and the devastatingly handsome childhood friend who wants to destroy her, she must prepare to be brave, to be hunted, and above all to be strong, because temptation will be hard to resist, even for an angel.
Michelle Zink masterfully weaves historical fantasy with paranormal romance to create a gripping tale of love and betrayal.

My Thoughts: YES! YES! YES! Bring it on!!!!!!!

And Finally:

Book: The Gathering Storm
By: Robin Bridges
Publication Date: January 10, 2012

Description: St. Petersburg, Russia, 1888. As she attends a whirl of glittering balls, royal debutante Katerina Alexandrovna, Duchess of Oldenburg, tries to hide a dark secret: she can raise the dead. No one knows. Not her family. Not the girls at her finishing school. Not the tsar or anyone in her aristocratic circle. Katerina considers her talent a curse, not a gift. But when she uses her special skill to protect a member of the Imperial Family, she finds herself caught in a web of intrigue.
An evil presence is growing within Europe's royal bloodlines—and those aligned with the darkness threaten to topple the tsar. Suddenly Katerina's strength as a necromancer attracts attention from unwelcome sources . . . including two young men—George Alexandrovich, the tsar's standoffish middle son, who needs Katerina's help to safeguard Russia, even if he's repelled by her secret, and the dashing Prince Danilo, heir to the throne of Montenegro, to whom Katerina feels inexplicably drawn.
The time has come for Katerina to embrace her power, but which side will she choose—and to whom will she give her heart?

My Thoughts: Are you as in love with this book as I am? You should be! Ahhh, I am im book love heaven over here! By the way, this book comes out 8 days before my 23rd Birthday and would make an excellent birthday present, hint hint.

What are your choices?

5 comments:

Jill said...

Love it when you have so many great options you can't narrow them down to one!

Aliah E. said...

Ooo, I haven't read the first book either, but The Calling sounds soo intriguing!

Valette M.

P.S. Check out my blog's first giveaway here :)

Lan said...

I lose books all the time too! And like you I covet second books before I've even read the first one as well. I love all the covers of the Kelley Armstrong books.

Sky said...

All of those books look great! Temptation of Angels happens to be mine this week! Check it out!

-Sky
My WoW

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I love Reading them. If you are a New follower, let me know and I will be sure to follow back!