I'm sure you've noticed my lack of posts for the last little bit. With getting married, getting a house, finishing my masters, and a starting a new job, I just haven't had the time, though I haven't stopped reading (or listening to audiobooks, which are my current preference for by book consumption.). That being said, I haven't read or listened to anything since last week because on January 18th, my first child, a beautiful baby boy, was born. Here he is making faces with me below:
My time at the moment with a newborn who requires much changing and feeding is swamped, and I just can't know when I'll have a chance to make prompt posts. I will continue to post those that I have already committed to, but beyond that I just won't have the time. Therefore, I'm taking an indefinite break from blogging. I hope you all understand.
Until next time,
Saturday, December 19, 2015
It's time for the 2016 Audiobook challenge. If you follow my page, you know I do this every year. This year is no different.
Here are the rules (stolen from the Hot Listens page):
Feel free to join me by going here and signing up.
Posted by Sherre at 1:02 PM
To see the main page for the challenge go here. This challenge is about to end with the ending of the year, and here is my final update.
My chosen level for this year is: Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+. More specifically, I planned to read at least 85+ audiobooks, but after the last update, I increased it to 110. Lets go into how I've done for the final quarter:
- Bloodfire (Blood Destiny 1) - Helen Harper
- White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements #1) - Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Mark of the Demon (Kara Gillian #1) - Diana Rowland
- Trial By Fire (The Worldwalker Trilogy #1) - Josephine Angelini
- Life After Death (Twilight #5) - Stephenie Meyer
- The Offer (The McGregors #2) - Karina Halle
- Steelheart (Reckoners #1) - Brandon Sanderson
- Wake (The Watersong Quartet #1) - Amanda Hocking
- The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1) - Rick Riordan
- Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson #2) - Darynda Jones
- Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson #3) - Darynda Jones
- Fourth Grave Beneath my Feet (Charley Davidson #4) - Darynda Jones
- Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson #5) - Darynda Jones
- Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson #6) - Darynda Jones
- Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson #7) - Darynda Jones
- Eighth Grave after Dark (Charley Davidson #8) - Darynda Jones
- November 9 - Colleen Hoover
- Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles #2) - Ilona Andrews
With the addition of this to my other quarters, I finish the challenge with a total of 111 audiobooks, meeting my goal. I'll add that I've read more than this because some I listened to some more than once within the year, but I didn't want to count them each time. To see my goodreads shelf with all the books, click here.
I can't wait until the next challenge, though with the addition of a new baby in January, my time may be a bit strained. We will see.
Did you participate in the challenge? How did you do?
Posted by Sherre at 12:36 PM