Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Between the Land and the Sea


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My teaser this week is from Between the Land and the Sea (Marina's tales #1)


Description: Something extraordinary is lurking in the deep ocean waters off the coast of Aptos, California. In just a few weeks after moving to the small beach town, sixteen year old Marina has nearly drowned twice, enchanted the hottest guy in high school, and discovered a supernatural creature. If she can only manage to survive her increasingly dangerous encounters with unpredictable mermaids, she might just be able to unlock the mystery of her past to learn how to appease the mysterious forces that seem to want something from her...and maybe even find true love along the way.
Between The Land And The Sea is the first book in the series "Marina's Tales". Her story continues on in book two, The Moon And The Tide.

My Teaser:
"'Why did you call me sisthter?' I asked, slurring my words. My vision was starting to blacken at the edges. She paused for a moment, and then said, 'You were born of one like us,' she smiled, 'And so you are a sister.' The blackness descended upon me totally."

That was the last thing I was able to read yesterday (i got rushed to dinner) and I cant wait to see what happens next!!! What are your teasers?

While your here, why dont you check out my 100 Follower Giveaway. Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

JC Jones said...

Nice teaser. It looks like we have similar reading tastes. Check out my teaser at:

http://mixedbookbag.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday-october-4-2011.html

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard of this one before - good teaser, and I like the cover. I'm definitely adding this to my wishlist!

Bex said...

Wow, what a teaser! That definitely has me intrigued, that's for sure. Great choice!

My teaser is from the wonderful and mysterious novel The Night Circus.

Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict said...

Great teaser! This is a new one for me. I'll be looking forward to your review.

Lan said...

I really want to read this book because it's one of the few books I've seen about mermaids. This teaser is so great. No wonder you didn't want to put it down! Don't you hate it when you're at a really good spot and then something in real life takes you away?

Anonymous said...

Descended from mermaids? Cool.

Great teaser. Please check out my teaser.

Cathy Keaton said...

Why is the MC slurring her words? Drunk? lol... Sounds really cool. Maybe there really are merfolk living in the sea...

My TT post: http://abnormallyparanormal.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday-7-trinity-blood-rage.html

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I'm so confused. Is she slurring because she's been drugged or is she drunk? Very intriguing.

AmyG@YA-Sisterhood said...

Good teaser! Plus, I love mermaids!!! Thanks for stopping by our blog on Tuesday!

YA-Sisterhood

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I love Reading them. If you are a New follower, let me know and I will be sure to follow back!