Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This weeks choice is:


Book: A Beautiful Dark
By: Jocelyn Davies
Publication Date: September 27, 2011
Description: On the night of Skye’s seventeenth birthday, she meets two enigmatic strangers. Complete opposites—like fire and ice—Asher is dark and wild, while Devin is fair and aloof. Their sudden appearance sends Skye’s life into a tailspin. She has no idea what they want, or why they seem to follow her every move—only that their presence coincides with a flurry of strange events. Soon she begins to doubt not just the identity of the two boys, but also the truth about her own past.
In the dead of a bitingly cold Colorado winter, Skye finds herself coming to terms with the impossible secret that threatens to shatter her world. Torn between Asher, who she can’t help falling for, and Devin, who she can’t stay away from, the consequences of Skye’s choice will reach further than the three of them could ever imagine.
A Beautiful Dark is the first book in a captivating trilogy by debut author Jocelyn Davies.

I saw this book while perusing Barnes and Noble's site yesterday and fell in love. Not only is there a gorgeous cover (you all know how i am about that kind of stuff) but there's also an interesting story behind it. I WANT THIS BOOK!

What are your "Waiting On" picks this week?


14 comments:

Unknown said...

I just received this book for Harper Teen & it is gorgeous! I can't wait to get started on it. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for sharing!

Here's mine: http://thebookishbabes.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday.html

Guen said...

Great pick! I was so close to getting that book but the publisher archived it on NetGalley before I could get it. Meh.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

Guen @ Ezine of a Random Girl

Jules said...

Great pick! I quite enjoyed this one, but the ending annoyed me a bit.

http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com

Cary Cheyenne. said...

I can't wait to read this either! Great pick! I especially LOVE the cover!!

I'm following your blog now, too!


Here's my WoW: http://tiny.cc/y1rd2 :]

The Romanceaholic said...

Thanks for stopping by!

I can't wait to see what you think of this one :) I don't typically go for books with love triangles, but I admit this one sounds pretty good.

Jess
The Romanceaholic

Nina @ Death, Books, and Tea said...

Love triangles are sometimes terrible...but the story that goes with it makes it seem worth it.
Thanks for stopping by
Nina @ Death Books and Tea

Aeicha @ Word Spelunking said...

New follower here!

This looks like a really fab read. Definitely going on my TBR list.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Brooke said...

yep, yep, yep!! i want this one tooo! I love the cover, the synopsis talks of TWO schmexy boys annnnnd isn't it about angels?!?!?! SOUNDS LIKE A GOODIE!! :)

Jennifer M. said...

This book sounds really good and you are right the cover is pretty. I've added it to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing!

Enjoy your weekend!
Jen

Kathy Ann Coleman said...

Ohh, that looks good. :) The 27th has too many interesting releases for its own good: A Beautiful Dark, The Mephisto Covenant, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, A Monster Calls, Daughter of Smoke and Bone... That's going to be a very expensive week. O.o

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I love Reading them. If you are a New follower, let me know and I will be sure to follow back!