Monday, March 30, 2015

Review: Run Holly Run by Walter Rouzer

Book: Run Holly Run 
By: Walter Rouzer
Published: December 21, 2014
Published by: Walter Rouzer

My Thoughts: Run Holly Run is a fun and crazy mystery story. 

This story follows Holly, who just moved into a Mansion with her parents overlooking the Mississippi River. Quickly though, we realize there are some strange happenings in this little town, and Holly, being the daredevil she is, wants to get to the bottom of it. 

This book was dangerously close to being a DNF for me, which sucks because I had such high hopes. There were just too many different storylines, the mysterious ghost twins, the strange old lady with the animals that behave like people, and the people who behave like animals, and the general creepiness of the town. I stuck it out though, mainly because I wanted to know what was going on in this town.

The story wasn't too bad, it was lively, and there was definitely action at every turn, but I just didn't love it. Many reviews I read gave it 5 stars. Though Holly was likable enough, I didn't connect with her, or her partner Charlie. I also had a problem with understanding how old she really was. We're lead to believe she's older and that her friend Charlie is one she met in law school, but sometimes she acts like she's much younger (I'm talking like 13). The story itself was also a bit confusing and I would have liked it to be fleshed out more and for the descriptions to be broader and more developed. I would also have liked for the story to seem a bit more believable. 

I give this book 2.5 Stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I love Reading them. If you are a New follower, let me know and I will be sure to follow back!