Friday, September 16, 2011

Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Friday!!! I have had such a long week and have Finally reached the end!!! Now For our meme's:


The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Crazy For Books. This week's question is:

“As a book blogger, how do you introduce yourself in your profile?”

The question for this week is pretty interesting. I am quite new to the whole blogging scene, and I don't even want to pretend to know what I'm doing. I am merely trying out everything I can to see what is a good fit. That being said, I believe my profile is not the most important thing about my blog. If you look at it, you see that it's short and sweet. I think my blog is the most important thing, the only thing really focused on by my followers. I do, however, understand that I need to have something in my profile, but its pretty neglected, like the step child you  take care of, dress, and get ready for school because you have to and not because you want to (I don't have step children but based on Cinderella this seems to be the case...don't hate me...I know this isn't the case for all step children, or even some). Therefore, I wanted my profile to be nice, not overshadow my blog, and tell a little about me and why I like books. That's it. After all, what else does it really need?

Let me know what you all think. I just LOVE differing opinions

Next is Follow Friday:


Follow Friday is Hosted by Allison Can Read and Parajunkee's View. This week's question is:

Q. It's that pesky magic book fairy again! She has another wish: What imaginary book world would you like to make a reality?

Another difficult question. I wish I could make them all real (okay not really all, but most). Harry Potter, of course, should be real. I already believe some people in the world can do magic in some form and that there are actual witches (don't judge me), so why not take it a step forward and include wizards and Sorcerer's and stuff. It's not that much of a stretch. I would also love for Twilight to be real (to an extent). That whole sparkling thing, not really feeling it, but I think its more believable than the whole wooden steak through the heart, compelling vampires of other books/movies. I'd also love for Vampire Diaries (the TV show) to be real, although it's only because I am in love with Damon right now (did you see last nights episode...already hooked again). In truth, I don't want any imaginary book world to be a reality in the greater sense. I don't want everyone to know about it, only me and a select few people. The secrecy is what makes the books so great. Besides, if they were a reality to the whole world, we'd have a True Blood scenario on our hands with "racism" and "civil rights" and the whole bit. No, I'm fine without it becoming a reality, at least to everyone. I would like it to be a reality to me.

Okay so I just said a lot, and I'm not really sure if it even makes sense. My brain moves like a thousand miles a minute. Nonetheless, that's what I think. Let me know what you think.

Don't Forget to leave a link back to your posts so I can read them. Oh yeah, and Follow me...I follow back!

14 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hi Sherre, I went for Harry Potter too, I think it would be great fun if real.
I am fairly new to blogging too, also finding my way around.

New follower here!

My Follow Friday post is here http://thelittlereaderlibrary.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-friday-blog-hop.html

Best wishes, Lindsay

Sidne said...

Hi Sherre, thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm a new follower and soon as the follow button shows up. for some reason the right side of your page is not showing, i shall return and hit that follow button. nice blog decor too.

Tammie Clarke Gibbs said...

Happy to have followed you from the Book Blogger Hop!

Hope you'll follow me back:
http://authortammieclarkegibbs.blogspot.com/

Tammie Clarke Gibbs, Author
Kindle Bestseller, ISLAND OF SECRETS

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

I love Vampire Diaries soooo much!!! I missed last night's episode but hopefully I can watch it soon!!! But Harry Potter is still epic :) Great pick!!

Here's my FF!

Trish said...

Hi! I picked Harry Potter too. I kindasortamaybe believe there are magical folks out there too...:)

Trish - My Friday Memes

Anonymous said...

Just hopping by, happy Friday!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/book-blogger-hop_16.html

joyh82 said...

Just hopping by, and chuckled about your stepchild comment. Have a great weekend. New follower.

duchess_mommy said...

Your answers totally make sense. (Secretly I believe in magic too.)

New follower
Have a great week,
Teresa
http://theduchessmommyreads.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great response! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower. I love yor profile, I think it is gorgeous!

Goldilox said...

I just rented season one of Vampire Diaries and watched the first two episodes last night...I'd SO hooked!!!

Here's my FF: Goldilox and the Three Weres FF

Goldilox (new follower!)

pussreboots said...

I have to admit that until recently I pretty much ignored my profile but I had to change it to reflect the fact I'm almost done with library school. Please come and read my new introduction.

Kyle said...

Just hopping by! I like your profile! Gives enough info, but not too much :)

Unknown said...

Hi Sherre!

Hopping through =) I feature your blog on my post today. Would you come and see? =) Here's the link: Blogs That I Like

xoxo.april

Natalia Belikov said...

Hello nice to meet u! =D

The Hollow by Jessica Verday has a lot of mixed reviews. I was surprise to read reviews from people who really disliked the book and some others who just loved it like. However, The Haunted (The Hollow#2)gets so much better! Even people who didn't really like much THe Hollow and read The Haunted were very satisfied with the prequel.
SO Im not sure you will like The Hollow a 100%, but if you keep reading you will fall for it. That Im sure about!

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I love Reading them. If you are a New follower, let me know and I will be sure to follow back!