Monday, March 3, 2014

Audio Review: Fate's Edge by Ilona Andrews

Book: Fate’s Edge(The Edge #3)
By: Ilona Andrews
Published: November 29, 2011
Published by: Ace

Description: Audrey Callahan left behind her life in the Edge, and she's determined to stay on the straight and narrow. But when her brother gets into hot water, the former thief takes on one last heist and finds herself matching wits with a jack of all trades...

Kaldar Mar-a gambler, lawyer, thief, and spy-expects his latest assignment tracking down a stolen item to be a piece of cake, until Audrey shows up. But when the item falls into the hands of a lethal criminal, Kaldar realizes that in order to finish the job, he's going to need Audrey's help...


My Thoughts: My obsession continues with this one. Fates Edge. Like the previous one, we have a carryover character that makes this story part continuation, part new story. Kaldar Mar is the brother/cousin (or something like that) to Cerise Mar from the previous story. He's definitely a kleptomaniac of the highest order, and he also has a strange power that I've never read about before. It's related to gambling, but I won't say more because it will spoil the surprise.

Audrey is am amazing lock picker and, with their backgrounds, its easy to know why these two would be perfect for each other. They're both just dark enough to make light when they're together (hope that makes sense...probably doesn't.)

They meet as Kaldar must search for an object Audrey stole, and she's forced to help him or risk her life if someone else searches for it faster. She wants to stay away from Kaldar, but he begins to grow on her, and soon, they fall for each other. Meanwhile, they are going up against strong enemies. and it's great to watch. This wasn't my favorite out of the group, but I still loved it a bunch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I love Reading them. If you are a New follower, let me know and I will be sure to follow back!