Monday, May 18, 2015

Audiobook Review: Captivated by Nicole Edwards

Book: Captivated (Club Destiny #4.5) - Unabridged
By: Nicole Edwards
Narration: Mark Chesterfield and Lily Savage
Published: March 17, 2015
Published By: Blackstone Audio
Length: 4.1 hours

My Thoughts: Finally after hearing of the story between Lucie and Kane in the background of all the others, we get to read it for ourselves

The Story: Lucie lied to Kane, not telling him that he was the father of her daughter, or that anything even transpired between them. Now, she has finally told him the truth, and she's sure he wants nothing to do with her besides being in his daughter's life. Kane, on the other hand, has always liked Lucie, and despite being supremely pissed at her for keeping something like this from him, wants to make everything right, beginning with a family trip to Hawaii.

Narration: The Narration of this one was okay. Both characters did a good job of bringing the story to life. Lily's voice was slightly husky which brought a seductive edge to the story that I liked. Mark, too, did a good job.

Verdict: This is a novella, so it was short. In the past, Nicole filled her novellas with lots and lots of intimacy and sex but not much else. Thankfully, this one had more storyline, and I appreciated it. It was a good read. I think I will stop this series at this book. I'm just not interested enough in the characters in this or any of the other stories to care how they end up. I give it 3 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I love Reading them. If you are a New follower, let me know and I will be sure to follow back!