Monday, March 2, 2015

Review: Paper Towns by John Green

Book: Paper Towns
By: John Green
Published: September 22, 2009
Published By: Speak

My Thoughts: After reading Looking for Alaska and The Fault in out Stars by John Green, I was wholly on the John Green Bandwagon, and though Paper Towns was a beautifully written book just like all other John Green books, I just didn’t much like the story itself.


We follow Quentin also known as Q who is supposedly in love with his neighbor Margo Roth Spiegelman (she’s one of those people whose entire name needs to be said). He doesn’t know her much besides the fact that she’s his neighbor and she’s popular and she goes on amazing adventures, but that all changes when she sneaks into his window one night and the two go on an adventure together before she disappears completely from his life.

She leaves clues though, and Q believes that she’s left them for him to find her, so he and his friends, believing she may have committed suicide but hoping she hasn’t, follow the clues like breadcrumbs in order to find her. Along the way, Q learns a lot about the way people view each other, vs who people really are inside. He learns that though you may think people are more than they are; that at the end they’re still people.
It’s a good book full of deep philosophical thought and things that make you remember it well after the book, just like with all John Green books. Unfortunately though, I just didn’t much like Margo Roth Spiegelman. I didn’t understand what all the fuss was about, and I just never was able to connect with Q’s journey in that way. Despite the fact that it was a good book, it just wasn’t for me. I give it 3 Stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I love Reading them. If you are a New follower, let me know and I will be sure to follow back!