Friday, July 20, 2012

Quickie Review: Old Blood by Karina Halle


Book: Old Blood (Experiment in Terror 5.5 Novella)
By: Karina Halle
Publisher: Self Published
Publication Date: July 2012

Description: A haunting novella from the Experiment in Terror Series...


From her harrowing introduction in Darkhouse, the spectre known as “Creepy Clown Lady” has been a constant fixture in Perry Palomino’s life. But beyond the horrid makeup and piercing stare lies Pippa, a woman just like everyone else.

Well, not quite.

When Perry discovered Pippa’s message to her and Dex on the EVP recordings, she thought she heard the last of the old woman’s message. She was wrong. In the novella Old Blood, Pippa relays the tale of her troubled and tortured past, revealing how an aspiring actress and loving mother fell into madness and how an unfathomable betrayal led to her untimely death.

For Perry, the repercussions of her message are life-shattering.

Old Blood is #5.5 in the series and occurs between books #5 On Demon Wings and #6 Into the Hollow

My Thoughts: This will be a short review because this is a short book. It was a wonderful addition to the EIT family. Though I never experienced the oh to common fear that I usually feel in the EIT books, It was still interesting. I enjoyed hearing about the life of Pippa and how everything happened. It makes everything else make sense. This story didn't pull me in and give me the "I have to keep reading to find out what happens next" feeling, but it did satisfy my curiosity for Creepy clown Lady. I love Pippa even more now that I know about her and her reasoning for the things she does. Though this isn't a book I'd read over and over, I think it gave us some wonderful insight into the two characters we really worry about-Perry and Dex. The sneak peek into the first chapter of Into the Hollow following this novella made me thirst more for the book. I can't wait until it comes out. I give this book 3 stars.

2 comments:

Lan said...

This one is def too scary for me! But I do love when authors do these novellas in between book. Gives us something to look forward to while waiting.

Anonymous said...

Ι rеallу lіκe whаt you guys arе up
toо. This sort оf cleѵer wοrκ
and exposuгe! Keep up the grеаt woгks guys
I've added you guys to blogroll.
Visit my webpage - psychic love readings

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I love Reading them. If you are a New follower, let me know and I will be sure to follow back!