Thursday, December 15, 2011

Review: Dead Sky Morning by Karina Halle

Like I said before, I am back in full force!!!! I have a review ready to give you (and still one to write) so lets get down to business!!!
Book: Dead Sky Morning (Experiment in Terror #3)
By: Karina Halle
Publication Date: October 13, 2011
Publisher: Self Published
Description: With the Experiment in Terror show finding some success, amateur ghost hunters Perry Palomino and Dex Foray embark on their most terrifying investigation yet. A tiny, fog-shrouded island in the rough strait between British Columbia and Washington State has held a dark secret for decades: It was a former leper colony where over forty souls were left to rot, die and bury each other. Now a functioning campground, Perry and Dex spend an isolated weekend there to investigate potential hunting's but as the duo quickly find out, there is more to fear on D’Arcy Island than just ghosts. The island quickly pits partner against partner, spiraling the pair into madness that serves to destroy their sanity, their relationship and their very lives.

My Thoughts: This series just keeps getting better and better! I was ripped and stretched and pulled in so many directions that I didn't know who to like and who to hate!!!

Perry Palomino (I just love that name) is still just as psycho, and I love her just the same. There's so much to her I still just don't understand. We know that something happened in the past, but what? We know that her parents are somewhat afraid of her, but why? The author does a wonderful job providing depth to these characters that you wonder if they may be walking down the street next to you.

Sexy Mr Declan (Dex) Foray is here, and just as annoying as ever with his innuendo's and his flirtations and his brooding. Perry still hasn't broken his shell all the way and its funny how much about him I too want to know. He's such a mystery that sometimes you just want to hit him over the head with a rock (which is exactly what Perry did to him in the book).

Their relationship is so hot, and cold at the same time. There's so much tension, but at the same time, nothing has happened between them yet. Like the last book, you find yourself saying "Get it on already" and, although the book almost makes you satisfied, it, like Dex, is just a tease! I wanted so much more!!!!

The terror of the book is somewhat more creepy than the last book. Unlike those, I didn't actually find myself scared to the point that I couldn't sleep, I was more creeped out. There's so much that's creepy about this island. The ghosts and the...others....Trust me, it's pretty unnerving. You'll find yourself flipping forward in the book just to see if there's some salvation on the horizon.

The only think I didn't like much about this book was the ending. It seemed as if the author wanted the book to end soon and so some of it seemed short, clipped, and not really thought out. I'm not trying to give away any teasers so I'll just say this, one of the escape attempts, we'll call it "Plan Backpack," didn't even seem like it would kind of work in real life. Furthermore, I couldn't picture how it happened in my head. It made me frustrated. Then, things just seemed too neatly wrapped up and fixed for me. I wanted a cliff hanger (don't tell anyone I said that). I wanted some loose ends. It kind of made me feel like the end was not attached to this book.

Despite those things, I liked the book. I don't think it was quite as good as the others, mainly because of the ending, but it was still a good book. My Rating? 3.5 Stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I love Reading them. If you are a New follower, let me know and I will be sure to follow back!